This Brussels Sprout salad is a game changer. I came across this recipe from Gluten Free Girl last fall, I tried it with some modifications and it was good but not fantastic. I recently revisited this recipe and modified it yet again and this current version is amazing!
Although I love Brussels Sprouts this salad is the first time I have eaten them raw and I have to say I love their crunchy kick. To make quick work of shredding the Brussels sprouts I used a mandolin. Just watch your fingers!
After you have shredded the Brussels Sprouts the rest of the salad comes together quite quickly. The addition of Shredded Parmesan cheese and toasted walnuts creates the base for the salad.
My secret ingredient is a French Dijon mustard that packs quite a kick! I suggest you use a spicy Dijon, to give the salad a bite that will stand up against the Brussels sprouts. Making the vinaigrette in a jar makes easy work of emulsifying.
Toss the vinaigrette into the Brussels sprouts and try to share, if you can.
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons spicy Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a mandolin or food processor to shred Brussels Sprouts, place shredded Brussels sprout in a large serving bowl.
- Shred Parmesan cheese onto the sprouts and add the toasted walnuts.
- In a small jar with a lid add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Replace lid and shake until vinaigrette is completely combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.